Top Social Gainers for Thursday, March 21st, 2019
Here are today's biggest developing stories in crypto based on Santiment's data:
- Ont (1030+ new mentions in last 36hrs)
A 24% spike propels the main Ontology coin to a 4-month high $1.38, before heading back south.
The rally may be due to a Binance giveaway of 200K ONG (Ontology Gas, its secondary coin) to 50 traders based on their today trading volume, ending today. Ontology also recently partnered with MovieBloc, a film distribution platform which will use Ontology’s blockchain.
ONT flipped NEO during the rally, raising some concerns over at the NEO subreddit - both projects are under the same leadership, tho some believe they’re now competing against each other.
- Firefox/Brave/Chrome (490+ new mentions in last 36hrs)
r/cryptocurrency praises recent comments from “Wikipedia cofounder” Larry Sanger about switching from Chrome to Firefox, then finally to the Brave browser.
The community discussed various benefits as well as current drawbacks of the Brave browser, while some called the
news clickbait, as Sanger left Wikipedia before it became much of what it is today.
- Qlc (260+ new mentions in last 36hrs)
Solid 24hrs for QLC, as the coin records a 4-month high 0.04$ today, 10 days ahead of its mainnet launch.
In a medium post yesterday, QLC announced it’s launching the mainnet on March 31, together with its first application - the global SMS Billing system (partnering with the Montnets Group)
The project also held a private video AMA for QLC holders today, presumably to discuss specific mainnet details and future roadmap.
The coin stumbled after the initial rally, and is currently -3.2% for the day
- Ada (750+ new mentions in last 36hrs)
ADA surges by over 7% after the much-anticipated Cardano 1.5 goes live on the mainnet.
Cardano 1.5. Is considered a big milestone before moving to the 2nd, Shelley development phase.
The update brings a new consensus protocol, Ouroboros BFT, adds features for detecting insufficient disk space, improves performance when rendering lists with a large # of trx and wallet address and more.
Cardano’s founder also claimed ledger support for ADA coming next week, which may have also contributed to the pump.
- Iost (250+ new mentions in last 36hrs)
IOST hit a 4-month high 230 Satoshi today amid several big developments:
1. Binance announced IOST/BNB and IOST/USDT trading pairs to be added tomorrow at 4:00 AM (UTC).
2. To celebrate the recent launch of IOST’s mainnet, Binance announced a giveaway of 10k BNB for those with highest total IOST trading volume in the next 7 days
3. A first gaming dapp launched yesterday on the IOST mainnet, quickly climbing to #3 overall dApp by # of trx/hr and volume/hr. It also reached 100 million IOST trx volume within 5hrs of launch
- Xlm/Stellar/Ibm (470+ new mentions in last 36hrs)
While not much else happened in the Stellar-IBM story since we last covered it, someone did spot two recent, large transactions, each totalling about 1 billion XLM. Both transactions were worth around $111 million.
The community has already started speculating about the reason for the transfers, from providing additional liquidity to the market to a big company or bank gunning for a launch or a test of some kind.
As always, visit SANbase to explore these and other trends in more detail!
Thanks for reading!
If you enjoyed this insight please leave a like, join discussion in the comments and share it with your friends!
Never miss a post from Ibis!
Get 'early bird' alerts for new insights from this author