Popular VeChain explorer Veforge shuts down
This also includes Veforge Vault, which serves as a Ledger wallet interface for Vechain.
Veforge posted the following on their website shortly before the shutdown:
We are saddened to inform you that due to the lack of interest from the VeChain Foundation to support our efforts, we have no choice but to shut down the official VeChain blockchain explorer and Ledger wallet interface. This will go into effect on 10/21/2019 12:00 PM PDT, after which you will no longer be able to access these services."
In response, the Vechain foundation clarified their commitment to the community and the amount of support that was provided to Totient Labs. In view of the situation, the foundation will be stepping up their development and promised the community a new and improved blockchain explorer (developed in-house) will go live by late November.
Meanwhile, community members are advised to visit Vechain Insights instead.
- "I agree, there was absolutely no reason for such a sudden shutdown warning aside from creating maximum panic. They likely intended it to be "scary" so the community would demand more funding for them but it just ended up making them look like assholes (which they are). I'd actually rather see Vechain take over running those services themselves given that Totient is clearly run by cunts."
- "Lashing out because the services you'e used for FREE all this time are no longer being provided is childish. Totient was a huge boon for the vechain community, and despite having to close their vechain operations, they were not at all vindictive in their closing statement or actions."
- "Looks like it was one of the biggest community driven dev teams. Not a good way to let it run out of funds imo."
- "Just wait till the foundation launches their explorer, should be in two weeks I think"
- "who cares about this scam"
Visit here for Vechain foundation's full response to the situation.
Thanks for reading!
If you enjoyed this insight please leave a like, join discussion in the comments and share it with your friends!
Never miss a post from Sanfam!
Get 'early bird' alerts for new insights from this author